The Resource for Youth (Patricia J. Hames*) Award is directed to developing life skills in Canadian youth through the retention and strengthening of home economics/family studies programs in Canadian schools. The award may also assist in program areas lacking special funding by schools or families. Canadian primary, elementary or secondary school home economics/family studies educators are encouraged to apply to share in these funds.
Amount: The award will provide a maximum of $5,000 per year in grants. More than one grant may be awarded
• Applicant must be a home economist/human ecologist/family studies teacher.
• The project must provide direct benefit to students and not be used for ongoing needs and costs.*
• For large grants, evidence of community involvement and/or benefit a longer term potential must be demonstrated.
Deadlines: Applications will be reviewed twice yearly, with deadlines of November 15 and May 1.
• Submit the General Grant Application Form (attached) electronically as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org .
• Reasons for denial of application will be provided.
• The applicant’s school district will be notified that these funds have been granted.
• Preferably, the funds will be paid to the school to be accessed by the applicant.
• A report and original receipts will be due at the completion of the project; any unused funds must be returned.
Questions: Contact email@example.com